Connect with us


Latest Trending News

Stop insulting leaders. Pray for them – Sultans counsels Nigerians

Published

Sultan 1743356931

The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, has urged Nigerians not to resort to insults in expressing their grievances to their leaders. It is good to always tell our leaders when there is problem but in doing so, we should avoid abusive words,” he said.  If you insult your leader, how can you ask him to do something for you? But if you tell him your problems in a polite manner,  I am sure he will  listen to you and even do the needful.” The Sultan who was delivering his Sallah message shortly after observing the two units eid-el-fitr prayer at Fakon Idi on Sunday, urged Nigerians to continue praying for their leaders at all levels. Pray for Mr President, pray for your Governors, pray for your local government chairmen and pray for your lawmakers so that God can pity them and assist them in discharging their responsibilities. You should also continue praying for peace, development and prosperity in our states and the country at large, he said. Sultan Saad who is the  President General, Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, however, congratulated Muslims for the successful completion of the 29 days Ramadan fast, admonishing them to sustain the virtues of the holy month in their subsequent dealings. Dont go back to those things that you were doing before the Holy Month of Ramadan, he counseled them. He further commended Islamic preachers for maintaining decorum in their Ramadan Tafsir, urging them to maintain the tempo in their subsequent preaches. The post Stop insulting leaders. Pray for them – Sultans counsels Nigerians appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.


Turo247News is on WhatsApp!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

Share News with us via Email: turo247newz.com@gmail.com

Join Our Social Media Channels
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest Trending News

China hits back at President Trump, imposes 34% tariiff on all US goods

Published

on

caad0455 b883 4cbb b8f3 88cdf7b9db81 scaled

The Chinese government has announced its decision to levy a 34% tariff on all American imports starting next week.The tariff rate, effective April 10, equals the “reciprocal” duty implemented by US President Donald Trump earlier this week.”For all imported goods originating from the US, an additional tariff of 34 percent on top of the current applicable tariff rate will be imposed,” said Beijing’s finance ministry, as quoted by AFP.Beijing’s commerce ministry additionally announced plans to strengthen export restrictions on rare earth elements, crucial components in advanced technology products including semiconductor chips and EV battery systems.China further announced its intention to challenge the tariffs through legal action at the World Trade Organisation (WTO).This comes as Trump, following market closure on Wednesday, announced a national emergency to implement his comprehensive new tariff strategy, dubbed “Liberation Day” tariffs, which imposes a baseline duty of 10 per cent on almost all imports.The plan includes higher “reciprocal” duties targeting major allies, including the European Union, Japan, and Israel.Trump specifically targeted China, one of America’s primary trading partners, with particularly harsh tariffs of 34 per cent, supplementing existing trade duties. The post China hits back at President Trump, imposes 34% tariiff on all US goods appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.


Turo247News is on WhatsApp!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

Share News with us via Email: turo247newz.com@gmail.com

Join Our Social Media Channels
Continue Reading

Latest Trending News

Businessman stabs partner in the eye with car key during argument

Published

on

c51b1b61 48c7 4dbb 8c4b 5bd708c0a584

Mr Olanrewaju Àdelegan, the Chief Magistrate, Okitipupa Chief Magistrates’ Court in Ondo State, on Friday ordered the remand of a businessman, Ogooluwa Monehin, for allegedly piercing another man’s eye with a car key.

Adelegan said that Monehin, 34, should be kept at the Okitipupa custodial facility pending a review of the facts of the case. He adjourned the case until April 16 for the review. The defendant, whose address was not given, had pleaded guilty to a two-count charge of assault.

ALSO READ: Man in Court for sending ex-lover’s sex video to her husband

Earlier, the prosecutor, ASP Zedekiah Orogbemi, told the court that the defendant committed the offences on February 23, about 10:00 am on Yasere Street at Irele.

Advertisement

EXPLORE: Man breaks down in tears after killing 7 of his family members over inheritance

Orogbemi said that the defendant used his car key to pierce the left eye of the complainant, Mr Omodoti Odogun, during an argument over a business activity.

The prosecutor said that the defendant caused the complainant injuries, pain and bodily harm. He said that the offences contravened Sections 412 and 335 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Ondo State, 2006.

RECOMMENDED: Man lands in court for exhuming corpse, burning skulls for spiritual purposes

Advertisement

Turo247News is on WhatsApp!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

Share News with us via Email: turo247newz.com@gmail.com

Join Our Social Media Channels
Continue Reading

Latest Trending News

Obama and Harris publicly rebuke Trump’s second term actions

Published

on

IMG 9886 1743753243

Former USA President Barack Obama and former Vice President Kamala Harris on Thursday, April 3, each delivered remarks on the state of the country under President Donald Trumps second term and criticized the administrations recent actions.Obama, who preceded Trumps first term, sharply criticized Trumps efforts to reshape the federal government, crackdown on immigration and dissent, and intimidate news outlets and the legal establishment. So, this is the first time Ive been speaking publicly for a while, Obama said during an on-stage interview at Hamilton College. Ive been watching for a little bit. Imagine if I had done any of this, Obama said, later adding: Its unimaginable that the same parties that are silent now would have tolerated behavior like that from me, or a whole bunch of my predecessors.Obama went on to say that he doesnt think Trumps new tariff announcement is going to be good for America. However, he said that he is more concerned with what he described as the White Houses infringement of rights.Im more deeply concerned with a federal government that threatens universities if they dont give up students who are exercising their right to free speech, Obama told the crowd of college students.The idea that a White House can say to law firms, if you represent parties that we dont like, were going to pull all our business or bar you from representing people effectively. Those kinds of that kind of behavior is contrary to the basic compact we have as Americans.In separate remarks, Harris on Thursday said Trumps moves since he returned to office were largely predictable.There were many things we knew would happen, Harris said in a video of her remarks at the Leading Women Defined Summit. Im not here to say I told you so, she added before laughing. Harris said she recognizes that Trumps return to the Oval Office has created a great sense of fear.We are seeing organizations stay quiet. We are seeing those who are capitulating to clearly unconstitutional threats. And these are the things that we are witnessing, each day in the last few months in our country and it understandably creates a great sense of fear, Harris said.Earlier this week, Trump announced a deal with the law firm that employs former second gentleman Doug Emhoff Willkie Farr & Gallagher which the president said includes the firm agreeing to provide at least $100 million in pro bono legal services throughout his second term. It was another example of firms cutting deals with the White House as Trump has targeted firms that have done work with his perceived political enemies.  Before the Willkie agreement was announced, Emhoff addressed the matter saying, The rule of law is under attack. Democracy is under attack. And so, all of us lawyers need to do what we can to push back on that. Harris Thursday remarks, video of which were first reported by MSNBC, are her most direct comments since the start of Trumps second term. The former US vice president, who lost to Trump in the November election, went on to say that while fear is contagious, so is courage.Fear has a way of being contagious. When one person has fear, it has a way of spreading to those around them and spreading. And we are witnessing that, no doubt, Harris said at the gathering of female leaders of color.But I say this also, my dear friends, courage is also contagious, she added  The post Obama and Harris publicly rebuke Trumps second term actions appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.


Turo247News is on WhatsApp!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

Share News with us via Email: turo247newz.com@gmail.com

Join Our Social Media Channels
Continue Reading